My name is Donald Frantum and I am an independent consultant with 13 years of experience designing, developing, and implementing business process solutions for small and medium enterprise.
Throughout my career, I have sought out and applied best practices for over 80 business cases. After years of posting and shopping on sites like Craigslist.com, Backpage.com, and Ebay.com, I realized two things; One: These sites were outdated, confusing, or just plain expensive. Two: There was an opportunity to use my skills to build a better experience with better results. From my realizations, I created theAdXchange.com.
What is theAdXchange.com?
The short answer is ‘The future of online classifieds.’ But, it is so much more than a tagline…theAdXchange.com is an online classified site that provides enhanced ad building tools, advanced shopping tools, ad syndication across multiple online ad platforms, and other extended features not found in existing online classified sites. Using theAdXchange.com, you are invited to a whole new classified experience. Your ads can be as basic as what you might create on Craigslist.com or as rich as your own personal webpage.
All grassroots efforts need community participation to succeed. For the price of a cup of coffee ($5 or more) and a willingness to share this with others, you can participate in an epic adventure that will reshape online shopping.
Here are some of the features of theAdXchange.com:
- Nine Major Categories
- Real Estate
- Business Directory
- For Sale
- Dynamic homepage with latest listings for your community
- Advanced Search that allows users to search on keywords and/or any attribute captured
- Results that you control:
- Sort by Distance, Price, or Best Match.
- View your results in Gallery, Map, or a List
- Filter advertisers by type: Broker/Dealers/Merchants/Private Sellers
- Optional membership through popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, and MS-Live
- Advanced Account features
- Push Alerts (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Saved Searches and Alerts
- Category Subscriptions
- Secure Payment Info storage
- Posting Management
- Account Preferences.
- Easy to use posting templates
- Three layout designs
- Basic information requirements
- Multiple Attributes to best describe the features of the advertisement
- 25 Images
- Google Maps
- PDF attachments
- Links to external sites
- Link to your other theAdXchange.com listings
- Options to allow users to Buy Now, submit/accept a Best Offer, accept payments online, create shipping labels and schedule pickup directly from the site.
- Advanced Syndication
- Syndication to free sites will be free and automatic
- Syndication to paid sites, e.g. AutoTrader.com, Realtor.com, etc will require explicit selection and additional payment
- Free – Local, For Sale, Business Directory, and Personals (Real Estate, Automotive, Coupons, Jobs, and Adult Personals have a nominal fee per listing as well as subscription model for frequent advertisers)
- User Ratings
- Social Site Integration
Why should you contribute to theAdXchange.com?
Simply put, the world deserves a better online classified shopping experience. The current sites are either early web pioneers or clones of the early pioneers, but, they have made a conscious choice to not evolve.
This is a revolution! Your ($5 or more) contribution and support will disrupt business-as-usual and help pave the way to a new frontier.
Where is this happening?
theAdXchange.com is designed to be global. However, our launch city is Las Vegas, NV. As the 31st largest city in the U.S., with more than 1.5 million full-time residents having diverse ethnicities, social, and economic backgrounds, it is the perfect city to welcome theAdXchange.com. Additionally, with an average of 60-80,000 Craigslist.com postings per day, Las Vegas has proven itself to be a community of online classified posters/shoppers.
How will my contribution be utilized?
First let me say that we need a lot of contributions to make this a success. One hundred percent of your contributions to this campaign will go toward completing theAdXchange.com. Proceeds will be used to hire additional developers, an advance marketing team (to build up interest ahead of the launch), office space, and equipment.
When will the site launch?
theAdXchange.com is now live for viewing and posting to the Real Estate section only. The goal is to spend 90 days finishing the rest of the site (mostly bug fixes and adaptation to other categories) and then to launch in the second or third quarter of 2013. The launch date is largely dependent on raising enough contributions to keep the development team working. Every contributor will be invited to participate locally or virtually in our launch party.
- I don't really have any money, is there any other way I can help?
I am happy to say, YES! We need as many people as possible to help this campaign and theAdXchange.com go viral. Tell you friends, acquaintances, and anyone who will listen about our project. Encourage them to contribute as well.
- Is this an investment in theAdXchange.com and will I be getting shares?
Unfortunately, the SEC currently prohibits companies from accepting investments through crowd-funding. Additionally, as an LLC, we are not currently structured to offer company shares. We would welcome any discussions from individuals or groups that would like to invest in theAdXchange.com in exchange for an equity stake.